Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Bode Wm: 43 months

Dear Bode,
I am so sorry it took me so long to write this post. You and your sister keep me very busy. When I am not busy with you, I am busy sleeping and eating!

You  have become quite the story teller. You will announce, "I'm going to tell you a story now," and I better have at least 45 minutes to devote to your long tale.   It is always a long story involving cars (or, Cars, like Lightening McQueen and Mater). It is mostly a story that you have pulled from memory (from reading other stories), with a few new twists added by you. The story will just suddenly stop, because we will have moved onto another activity. And then, several hours later, after we've run errands, played, eaten dinner, etc., you'll announce, "And now, I'm going to finish my story..." as if there was never a break.

ROAAR! Playing dinosaurs




Always getting dirty!


You love being outside, riding your bike or digging in the dirt. We have made up an outside game called "Dinosaurs" where we take the biggest sticks we can find and start "jousting" each other with them. We announce what kind of dinosaur we are ("I'm a T-Rex, ROAAAR!")and start chasing each other.   

You have so many memories of California.  You often say, "Remember..." It makes me sad (for myself) and wistful that you have these memories.  You like talking about your house in California, the parks, and your playroom.  You also like talking about your past birthday parties in great detail. I think you'll be happy when your 4th birthday party rolls around.

You love preschool and are starting to refer to your classmates by name, saying "...my friend, [name]"  Hopefully you are making friends at school that you'll see over the summer and the next school year.



You and Gianna are always together.  I love watching you two play together.  A lot of time you get upset when Gianna has something of "yours."  You will snatch it out of her hand, announcing, "That's mine!" and Daddy & I have to referee.   You have never had to share anything. This lesson is coming a little late, but I hope that with your sweet nature, sharing comes easier to you than most kids. You are always so patient with, and address, Gianna in the sweetest, kindest way when you are "teaching" her something (imitating me: "no, sweetie, that is not a toy" and "no, no, sweetie, we kick balls, not people.").  Gianna watches and imitates everything that you do, and I'm happy that she has such a happy, smart role model.
Reading stories last night

Don't get me wrong: you still challenge me every day.  The good news is, I am always trying to be a better mother to you. And even better, you are always forgiving and patient with me!

Love,
Mommy
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment