Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The long weekend in photos, part deux

Saturday was spent close to home.  We worked on our (container) garden.  The herbs are doing nicely and we have one tomato "flower" that will hopefully bear fruit.  We also took a quick walk in the woods behind our house. I am so afraid of ticks. They are really bad here. I've heard so many stories about Lyme disease just in the past month. We are being vigilant about checking everyone out before we go into the house. But you know how it goes - those little buggers will get ya.


Saturday morning we went to the farmer's market. They had strawberries!  We bought just one pint.  I wavered on the price...and then when I decided to go back for more, they were all gone!  Lesson learned.

It was really, really hot this weekend.  We let the babies play in the water, with the hose, etc.  And then I found them actually playing with Priscilla's water bowl!  Uh...not so great, kids. Maybe we are going to have to buy one of those awful plastic wading pools!


On Sunday, we went to Saratoga Spa State Park.  It is such a pretty setting. The children love the creek!  Bode loves throwing rocks into the water.  RWF is trying to teach him how to skim the water with rocks, but that will be awhile.  Gianna loves getting into the water...which is a problem.  We have to watch her like crazy.  It totally eeks me out that they stand in the water (even in their Crocs).  But as we were leaving, we actually saw people swimming and floating in the creek. Now that really make me go, "Eeek!"  We got there early, before the masses came to celebrate. It was nice to have the park to ourselves.

Her outfit screams, "Old Lady Tourist" doesn't it?


After naps, we went outside for more fresh (hot) air and sunshine.  Gianna was teething and crying. So I gave her (and Bode) a popsicle.  I took off her white shirt.  But neglected to take off her skirt. Ooops.



When Gianna finished her popsicle, I stripped her and sprayed her down with the cool hose. We both enjoyed that!

For the record, Bode is too neat and squeamish about "drips" to get messy with a popsicle. He usually holds his popsicle away from his body and starts telling me, "I'm done! I'm done!" once it starts dripping onto his hand/wrist.  The boy does not like a mess. (or, a popsicle mess, anyway)
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment