Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down


Flower pot rain boots at Bode's school.

We have had a rainy week so far.  But that hasn't stopped us from getting outside and playing.









When she is not outside stomping through puddles, Gianna is inside drinking her "baba" and snagging large chunks of cheese from my kitchen counter (check out the chunk of cheese in her little hand).  Seriously, if I am making lunch or dinner and I have cheese on the counter, when I am not looking, Gianna will snag it. And forget about taking it away from her. She won't give it up. At least, not without a fight!

Suddenly, the trees in our yard have leafed out, and when I look out the windows all I see is green. It has made me feel strangely happy.  It was Sunday afternoon when I was looking out the windows at all the green, green grass and leaves, feeling safely cocooned in the house when I realized, "I am happy right now, because it reminds me of our house in California."   :(

Here's to everything getting the water it needs...cheers!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment