Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tutus and dandelion wisps

Yesterday was another ballerina day for Mr. Bode Wm.  And Miss Mia decided that sunglasses would be her accessory du jour.


She put the sunglasses on again after her bath, and wore them while I read bedtime stories.  And even when her father came home early to kiss her goodnight, she would not take them off.


Eyeing Dada's watch?


Here is another shot of Bode wearing his tutu.  After we put Bode to bed (sans tutu), Bob whispered, "It's time to lose the skirt."   It is funny how we sometimes struggle with feelings about gender-specific items, even when we know that they are transitional and harmless.  



Hello lovely peony in our yard!


Goodbye to all the dandelion wisps that pollute our air!  I am having major allergies. I look outside and see a bunch of white fluff floating through the air.  I have not had allergies this bad since high school. I forgot how awful allergies can make one feel.

Dandelion fluff
Bode, Gianna and I went downtown and walked 4 blocks to the Farmer's Market. The sun was out and it felt really hot.  After all the rain and cloud cover, I think we all felt exposed and vulnerable under the sun's glare.  Gianna kept shielding her face and saying, "Hot, Mommy, hot!"  I felt so bad. I found a sunhat in my bag for her to wear but I know it wasn't very helpful.  We enjoyed going to our Farmer's Market though.  I took some pics but when I came home, realized that I had shot them all in "video mode."  Bah!  That is my one complaint about the new iPhone.  It is too easy to switch between camera and video (without realizing it).

Last night, we enjoyed our first "summer" meal of grilled steak, corn on the cob, steamed broccoli and roasted potatoes.  Bode loves corn on the cob.  I struggle with buying the non-organic variety because of GMOs. But it looks so pretty and yellow! And my boy loves it! So I buy it and then feel guilty as he happily chomps into what I can only hope is an actual vegetable. Hopefully we'll have more organic veggies to choose from soon.




It hit me last night that this is Memorial Day weekend!  Do you have any plans?  I want to make our Summer List, take Bode and Gianna to the carousel, and spend a lot of time outside.  I think there is rain in the forecast all weekend though, which may put a damper on some plans.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment