Thursday, May 17, 2012

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday...Happy Day

Slowly getting through this soggy week toward sunshine!  Today has been gorgeous, temps in 70s and all sunshine. I actually woke up at 5:44 AM, thinking it was 6:44. But no, it was so bright out that I was tricked into thinking it was later than it actually was!  I immediately rolled over and went right back to sleep. Hooray!

Sometimes, Bode wakes up and he is such a grouch.  Other times, like this morning, he is a total ham. Here he is putting a pair of Gianna's bloomers on his head.  I love it when he makes me laugh first thing in the morning.  Thanks, Bode!





Tuesday we went to the Children's Museum while it poured outside.  I keep forgetting about this place, even though it is so awesome for kids!  I was talking to my SIL this past weekend and we were discussing things-to-do with the kiddos. Oh, yeah...this:



Those boots are almost as big as Bode. Gianna, on the other hand, looks totally bored.  I mean, really. Would you want her handling an emergency?


She did perk up in the diner.  Look at all the (fake) food she helped herself to: two (2) roast chickens, a burger, a brownie and a slice of pie.

Gianna, it's a sad fact that when you're a mother, you often don't get to eat when you are hungry. You have to feed your baby first!

Wednesday I had a doctor's appointment so the morning was a (grey) wash.  In the afternoon, we went to the park, right before the thunderstorms hit.




Today Bode returned to school.  Gianna and I spent the morning downtown, returning purchases that didn't work.  Then we hit Starbucks to celebrate a successful morning of errand-running.  She was so funny, insisting on sitting in an arm chair all by herself while she sipped her baba. If I went over to her, she'd point to the chair opposite of her.  "You. Over there." her index finger commanded. 

We picked up banana bread for Bode Wm. for an after-school treat.  He was so happy when he saw his treat when we picked him up from school.


Sometimes, they just chase each other, round and round and round.







We are heading into the weekend slowly but surely.  I hope to hit the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning. That is my big plan for the weekend.  The rest of the weekend will be spent enjoying the sun and working on our container garden.  I've talked to RWF about making a "real" garden this year (it has been on my wish list forever). But the reality is, I don't know if I can handle a big garden this year. Getting up and down, digging and weeding may not be so easy with this big belly of mine. I'd hate to start something and not finish it because I am physically too lazy!  So we'll do a container garden this year and see how we grow in NY. ;)
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment