Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The long weekend in photos, part one

On Friday, I was seriously jonesing for Starbucks. In order to treat myself, I also had to treat my little chickadee, too, right?  So after we went to Starbucks, we walked over to Congress Park to see the ducks.


Look, babies!!!  I was so excited when I saw these tiny ducklings.  There were several.

I kept telling Gianna, "Feed the mommies! Feed the mommies! The brown ones, Gianna. Not the ducks with the green heads!" I wanted to make sure that the mommy ducks were eating well.

Of course, Gianna needs to work on her food-tossing skillz a bit, before I can coach her on who to feed.


As we were walking away from the duck pond, I saw a sign that said, "PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE DUCKS!"  Ooops.  Oh well.

And then, Little Miss Mia had to go and show me how to really thumb your nose at signs:


"ha, ha...I laugh at rules!"

"Closed, you say? Looks like I'm on my way in."

It was a nice outing with Gianna. She is a hoot. She is always defying me. So it was nice to see her actually laugh at a sign that said "Closed" and disregard it completely.
(Yes, I realize that she can't read.)
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment