Friday, May 18, 2012

It's Friday, I'm in love

Today is positively swoon-worthy, love-filled and happy. 

Here is one reason: I got a sneak peek at the wee babe. I absolutely swooned when the ultrasound tech switched from the grainy black & white screen to the fuzzy, sweet, real-baby 3D screen. I am head-over-heels in love.

[And here is where I'd upload a photo of the wee one. But I'm not ready to share his image yet.]

Also, I received another(!) box of truffles from my sweet sister.  Yum!  The FedEx guy must laugh as he drives away, after handing off another(!) box of chocolates to my greedy, grabby pregnant self.  A big Thank You and hug to my sister!

At my OB appointment last week, I found out that I had gained 7 pounds (!!!) since my last appointment (a month ago in April).  I remember telling the nurse, "Well, I can't imagine how. It's not like I've been eating anything."

And last, I know (I know, I know...) I said that the baby doesn't need anything. But.  I have been shopping like crazy.  I am so in love with this indigo onesie that I bought one in every size. I can't wait to see my blue-eyed (?) baby boy in it.  Plus, a few more things. Okay. A lot more things.  I think I bought every color and print in the entire "baby boy" collection. I love tea! They are a San Francisco company.  

I also bought a few summer pieces from tea for a Miss Mia Gianna.  So she'll be rockin' some new summer frocks any day now.  If  only I could just find some cute shoes for her  w i d e  feet.  Both my children have wide feet. You don't know what a bummer it is when you are trying to find cute shoes for your little girl (or boy). For this summer, I bought Crocs (again) for Bode. I didn't get Gianna a pair. This was a mistake. Ever since I pulled the Crocs out for Bode, Gianna has made it clear that she wants to wear Crocs. She tries so hard to wear Bode's Crocs every chance she gets.  So I learned that I can't just buy one child a pair and not the other. For some reason, I made the boy-girl distinction with the Crocs. I really think that Crocs are so ugly. But I know that Bode likes them and they are a great shoe for summer water, mud and dirt.  Plus, they are easy for him to slip on-off. I purposely did not buy a pair for Gianna because I think they are ugly. But Gianna wanted a pair of Crocs just like Bode. So I finally relented and ordered a pair for her. Yesterday, we received her Crocs in the mail.  She was so happy! She wanted them on immediately and then stomped around the yard all afternoon in them.  Now she has Crocs and doesn't have to feel left out.  When I was online ordering them, Gianna was sitting on my lap. I asked her if she wanted green like Bode's, or pink. I showed her the pics of each. She said "pink."  Still a girly choice, even if they are an ugly shoe!

"Rook, Gianna, I can't berieve we have the same Crocs."
Tonight, RWF came home before the babies went to bed. So they were both super happy to see Daddy.





 

Tomorrow is the Farmer's Market. I am so excited to buy fresh eggs, greens and other little treats (gourmet pickles).
Happy weekend, everyone!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment