Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Accomplishments



Today after a diaper change, Gianna insisted on putting her pajama pants back on by herself.  I was skeptical and impatient. And then I thought, "You know what? Let her deal. I've got other things to do."  I let her struggle with putting her little footies into the leg holes while I straightened the playroom. It took awhile, but she did it. All.by.herself.  Big accomplishment! (and might I add? --Bode has never shown any interest, or much ability, in putting on his own clothes. Boys!)




Today, Bode  discovered how to fly.  He races across the living room floor and then crashes into our sofa. This is him "flying."  Suddenly, he is into Spider-man and super heroes. I have no idea how he was introduced to these two subjects. We certainly didn't put them into his head.  But today, he is a flying super hero (when he is not busy playing with his cars).

Runnin, runnin....

Boom! (and Gianna & Hop Hop follow)


Today, as part of my "don't be a lame mom just because you're 24 months pregnant" campaign, I took the babies to the park.  When I was pushing Bode in the swing, he happily shouted, "I'm a SUPER HERO! I'm FLYING!" Gianna repeats everything that Bode says, so she became a flying super hero, too.  I chatted it up with one mom while we were there.  She is the mom to 5 kids.  I told her that she was MY hero, as I'd always wanted 5 kids.  As with any adult who only glances in my direction, I glommed onto her, and was soon chatting her ear off about babies and family-size. I told her how I wasn't ready to stop having babies, but all other signs (really, one, being RWF) point to No.  I became the Scary Woman in the park, the one to avoid, the One Who Shares Too Much. 

Mom of 5 was nice, and seemed to enjoy  (?) the convo, too. She had such a serene, motherly calm about her that I was immediately envious and taking mental notes (note: don't yell at your kids, smile and sweetly distract instead).  She had a 4 year old boy, and she introduced him to Bode.  Bode and Jack played together. I was  happy to see them play together. Bode needs a boy to play with;  I think Mom of 5 was happy, too, since Jack is the only son in her bunch.  

Today, our play room was expanded.  Yes, it appears that a whole entire room is not enough to contain the activity, noise, and traffic that is Bode Wm's world of cars.   Note to RWF: we need a bigger house. (ha! he'll love that)




Oh to be little again and lost in the world of cars play.  Instead, I have to clean and cook. We are having company for dinner tonight.  So despite any desire to lie down and sleep, I need to prepare food and house.
Today I want to have a clean house, and yummy, hot food on the table by 6 PM. Wish me luck!
Hope you have a SUPER (hero) Tuesday.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment