Saturday, August 4, 2012

Bedlam

Bode was not himself today. He was out of sorts, and complained of not feeling well.  He told RWF that his head hurt.  He was irritable and cranky, despite several attempts by us to get him to just sleep, or rest, in his room.

Bode's new bed was delivered this morning. But because Bode was not himself, RWF and I decided to take it slow on the new bed transition.  This morning we aired the mattress set out, with the doors and windows open. By the afternoon, I was anxious to make up the bed and get the transition going. But I knew, given Bode's cranky mood, that it was not the time to play up the new bed. Bode ignored his new bed, and did not have any comments when it was put into his room.  At nap time, we put him down in his crib-bed. 

Late this afternoon, after a couple of hours of fussy, no-sleep-for-me behavior, this is how we found him:

Bode Wm, asleep on his new, unmade mattress
It broke my heart when I saw my sweet boy sleeping. There he was, a big boy, but with his baby quilt to protect him in his sleep.

Today was a weird parenting day.  Bode was very irritable, and Gianna just seemed to feed on his erratic moods. And that of course made RWF and I frazzed and sensitive, too. We kept looking at each other and asking, "What is going on?"  Our house was electric with the strangeness of negative energy and moods. 

I hope that we're back to "normal" (whatever that is) tomorrow. I wish everyone a good night's rest!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment