Monday, August 20, 2012

Hanging around

Gianna loves accessories. And her babies.

This weekend, we had fun.  We went on numerous walks and park visits.  I have a lot of photos, because I keep thinking, in my emotionally demented way, "This is the last time that there will only be two of them!" I snapped a million (boring, normal) pictures of Bode and Gianna. But I kept switching from real camera to iPhone camera.  This post has some of the iPhone photos (sorry).

We have had some lovely crisp mornings.  "Crisp" being 48 degrees!  I put the babies in long-sleeved and pants pajamas (instead of short-sleeved, shorts pjs) and a fleece.  Then we head out the door to breathe the crisp air before it disappears.  Gianna loves heading out first thing in the morning, before breakfast. As RWF remarked, it's good because it gives them a chance to work up an appetite for breakfast.


Of course, by 9 AM, we are climbing into the 70s and 80s pretty quickly.  Here is Gianna modeling her Lilly Pulitzer dress. I was so happy to buy my daughter her very first Lilly Pulitzer! But.  Doesn't she look thrilled?  No, she's not. Because this dress is BLUE, and not PINK, she doesn't want to wear it.  And forget about the gold sandals, Mommy.  It's PINK Crocs all the way.  (ugh)


This morning, I felt so heavy and lethargic.  I stood in the hot, hot shower and thought of all the lame things we would do if I kept the babies at home (so that I could lie on the couch and feel very pregnant and not so sure I'd last until September 17).  And then I worried that I was causing brain damage to the baby with this hot,  hot shower so I quickly jumped out.  And that's when I decided that we just needed to keep moving forward until I am just "stopped" by labor altogether, or September 17, whichever comes first.

So we went to Congress Park and we rode the carousel (summer list - check).  We rode it twice, because I was feeling generous (and guilty from my lazy thoughts this morning).



And then we topped off the fun with a trip to the ice cream store (summer list - check).  This time, I noticed, I was not able to order plain ol' vanilla ice cream for Gianna (like I did last time we were at the ice cream store). Oh, no.  This time, she is old enough to know better. She marched into the store and scanned the ice cream case for herself.  And when Bode announced that he wanted "blue,"  Gianna announced that she would have "blue," too.  I was suprised that she didn't order "pink."  I'd like to think that my fashion conscious daughter was only choosing blue to color-coordinate with her summer dress. But the pink Crocs make me think otherwise.




Blue smile



I cooked some more "freezer meals" this weekend.  I have no more room in the freezer so my make-ahead meals are done (whether I like it or not).  I think the only thing I can do now in regards to food preparation is to book-mark a bunch of recipes to cook in a Croc-Pot.  If you have any yummy, make-ahead or slow-cook recipes, please share!

This weekend, I had a smallish list for RWF, pertaining to the hanging of pictures and other decorating/organizing/removal of items for the nursery and the shared bedroom. RWF and I discussed this weekend, and decided that a shared bedroom is on hold, for right now.  We'll leave things as is, unless something changes to make it seem like a good time to transition.

I still have a lot of other stuff that I want to get done before this baby arrives. But every little stop-me-in-my-tracks  twinge sends me reclining on the nearest sofa or bed.  I may not get everything done and I have to be okay with that. I am so not used to feeling this way. My other two pregnancies were so easy and I never  had any pain.  This pregnancy is different.  I hope that the little guy's just giving me a hard time, and not really planning on an early arrival.

Photo taken today  at Congress Park by Bode
Bode is more than anxious for his little brother to arrive.  This weekend, he told RWF and I, "When Nichoras gets here, we are going to play Tag and Hide-and-Seek!"  Sometimes I think Bode thinks more about "Nichoras" than I do. (Nah! not possible)
Happy Monday.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment