Friday, August 3, 2012

Time, time, time, see what's become of me*

December 8, 2011


Today I had some salon appointments.  As usual, when I was checking out, I booked my future appointments.  The receptionist and I were going over the calendar when it hit me:  after these next appointments, I will have a baby. I actually had to move the dates around because I now know when the C-section is scheduled. I became very emotional and teary (and left the salon quickly!).  

It's just that time for me to be emotional.  I can't help but look around and know that things are about to change.  They will change anyway. But knowing that we are about to welcome a new little one into our happy little family and I can't help but think, BOOM! things are really going to change. And not just my life, but RWF, BWF, and MGF's lives will be impacted, too. All welcome and happy thoughts, but still, change. 

Yesterday I was scrolling through old photos on RWF's computer and I couldn't believe what a baby Gianna was last winter.  And even though it's 90 degrees today, and I'm miserable and hot, I can't help but shudder at the thought of snow and ice ahead (finding pics of our first winter here didn't help).

So despite the high heat and humidity, I am humming *"Hazy Shade of Winter" by Simon & Garfunkel.

This weekend, some big changes are going to occur.  We're moving Bode into a twin bed, and Gianna is moving into Bode's room.  Yes, they will be roomies (at least, if it works out). I'm excited about this transition, and hope that they can sleep in the same room.  Gianna always tries to sleep in Bode's crib. I'm hoping that a shared bedroom will be a welcome change for them.  And they are besties, most of the time. I just see them getting closer and closer. They will have "history" together, and simply lean into each other more when the new little man arrives.  I plan to document the room changes and transition with pics and text.  I hope that it is all positive! Keep your fingers crossed for all of us!
Happy Friday.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment