Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Birthday Prep

Guess who is turning 1?



Still wondering?

Mia Gianna turns 1 this Thursday! This means that we have some birthday party prep to do.  Today, we took care of favors, balloons, and tableware. We went to the local party store and had some fun.
What.is.this.crazy.place?

First, we tried on hats.


"And Bode, too!"

Then we decided on a theme for our tableware.  I had bought some napkins and plates about a month ago. But then I realized it wasn't really age-appropriate. It didn't scream, "THIS IS MY FIRST BIRTHDAY!" So we went to the party store for something that shouted, "I AM ONE!"  At first, I was drawn to the bright pink polka dots.  I love polka dots, and think that they are fun and fitting for my baby girl.  But then we found a sweet, pastel stripe with sweet baby zoo animals. We went with it. There will be hot pinks and polka dots in a future birthday, I'm sure. (her favors are actually polka dot...but I can't change those now)

Not completely sold on the zoo animals.
We may be back for polka dots!

Last, we ordered some balloons.

Picking out the balloons.
Both Bode and Gianna were given a (free) balloon after we placed our balloon order. They were thrilled.  If  ever one of my children is down, I need to remember how a simple balloon can bring smiles.



Shopping for Gianna's birthday stuff was fun, but it did make me miss my mom and sister.  They were here for all the birthday prep for Bode's first birthday. I have really great memories of my mom and sister visiting for Bode's first birthday.
Being 2 1/2 years old, Bode has his own take on Gianna's birthday.  Every time I say, "We have to get [x] for Gianna's birthday," he immediately responds, "And Bode, too!"  (meaning: it is his birthday party, too)  Note: this is said not in an insistent, bratty way but instead with a huge grin on his face, like it is the best idea EVER. He is such a happy little guy. He is really going to enjoy their birthday on Thursday...probably more so than the birthday girl herself!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment