Wednesday, June 22, 2011

If there is a water shortage in California

Mia Gianna is back! I want to keep her away from little ones, so we are not going to playdates or to the park for a few days. We all needed a break from the  house, so we headed to the grocery store for some fruit.

Hello, lovely G.

Bode loves getting Gianna's attention.



I usually put them in a two-seater shopping cart, but I couldn't find one today. It was a quick grocery store run, so I put Bode into the shopping cart's basket. He loved it. And he loved taunting Gianna into turning around to look at him.  Shopping for fruit is the perfect activity with a toddler!  Bode and I picked out a watermelon, some peaches, oranges, and apples. We counted them and talked about their colors. Plus, he loved sitting in the basket with the fruit we acquired.

As usual, while Gianna napped, we went outside and watered the plants.  Bode has figured out how to put his little thumb over the hose, so that the water sprays into a big arc. He thinks that this is the greatest thing ever!


"Working at the car wash...."




I finally realized that I should probably just take the soaked clothes off of him!
I told Bob that we could turn the water hose on, give it to Bode, then leave for hours. And when we returned, several hours later, Bode would still be in the backyard with the hose, happy as a clam, playing "car wash" and hosing down everything in sight. Of course, we would never really do that.  (And before I get any frantic emails, I don't leave Bode alone outside.)
I realized today that I really should pull out the wading pool for him to splash around and play. He goes to swim lessons once a week, and I'm sure he'd love more pool time.
Then again, if I do that, I may never get him out of it.
Happy Wednesday!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment