Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mia Gianna Birthday Week

In my family, we have a "birthday week," instead of a "birthday."  Not really. Well. Kind of. This is actually a sort-of joke, started between my mother and father.  I am not sure who started it, but I am guessing that my mom made the joke that while other people have a birthday, my dad had a birthday week

In keeping with this tradition, this week will be Mia Gianna's birthday week.  In case you don't know, Gianna turns the big 1 on Thursday.  I will try to refrain from talking about how much I am affected by this, how sad I am that my baby is turning 1, wah, wah, wah. 

This morning, she stood while playing the piano. I called her Elton John.  I think she liked it, because she just continued to stand and smile while I sang, "I'm still standing! Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm still standing! Yeah, yeah, yeah."  Not one of my favorite songs, but it was appropriate.

All she needs is a funky pair of sunglasses
And, just in time for those 1st birthday photos, she is getting her top right toofy.  She is going to have a nice Jack-o-Lantern smile for her 1st birthday.

Standing - June 26, 2011
This week I am going to attempt to blog every day about my baby-almost-1-year-old. And I am going to attempt to not cry while doing it. Wah, wah, wah.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment