Thursday, June 16, 2011

A mustache and a fever

Every morning, Bob makes a green drink.  It consists of water, spinach, banana, and some frozen fruit.  Bode always has a green drink with Bob. It is their little ritual to start the blender by announcing, "blending" before the blender roars, and grinds everything down to a green, pulpy liquid.  Bob pours the drinks, they clink glasses and say, "Cheers."  This morning, after guzzling down his green drink, Bode had a huge green mustache.  It was cracking me up. I sat across the table from him and giggled like a loon.  Maybe it was from lack of sleep, but I could 'see' him as an old man.








Our lovely G is not feeling well. Gianna has been running a fever since yesterday.  She's been averaging about 102 degrees.  We almost took her into Urgent Care yesterday afternoon. But, right as I strapped Gianna into her car seat, a nurse called and told me how to care for her through the night.  I was nervous about her temp, but put her down for bed around 7 PM. Gianna woke up crying at 11 PM with a temp of 103.  Yikes!  But the nurse told me not to call unless her temp was 104. So I gave Gianna a sponge bath and some drugs.  After an hour, her temp was down 1 degree.  Then she was up again at 4 AM. And again at 6 AM.  She is so hot to the touch. I hate to think about how she must be feeling.





Every morning, Bode "hides" behind Gianna's high chair so that she has to turn around in her seat to "find" him.  But this morning, our feverish girl could barely smile and engage with her brother. 

I have made an appointment for the pediatrician this afternoon because Gianna isn't doing any better.  I am hoping that it is just teething. I am sure that her top front teeth are coming in.  But I don't like this fever! So we'll see her ped and get the OK from her, so that we can hopefully stop worrying.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment