Friday, June 10, 2011

Gianna's First Playdate

 Gianna went to her first playdate today.

With Bode at swim lessons, and Gianna not napping, I was not tied to the house today. I could have run to Target for baby wipes, which we need. I could have gone grocery shopping for food, which we need. I decided to take Gianna to a playdate. The playgroup met in front of a Starbucks (yay) and then walked over to a park.  I had to giggle, thinking "the stroller brigade" as a group of us moms rolled our babies in their strollers across a busy street. Once at the park, we spread out blankets near a swing set and the moms chatted, while the babies crawled around, on, and over us.

I think Gianna had a good time. But honestly, the playdate was more fun for me. I really enjoyed talking to other moms with the same-age babies. And it was a bonus because, while mobile, most of the babies stayed on the blankets that we had spread out. So we could sit and talk in the sunshine without a lot of interruption.  The babies had fun rolling balls and gumming teethers, sippy cups and stuff.

I learned something today, too. Gianna can throw a ball!  She'll throw it, and if I give it back to her, she'll throw it again. We did this for a long time at the park. 





I would love to dedicate 1 day a week to each baby. It would be great if Gianna could have a playdate on her own, and Bode could have one on his own. I remember after Gianna was born, I would spend a few hours alone with Bode, once a week, just taking him out to lunch or to a park. I need to continue to do that. I think we all would enjoy that time together, alone.

It is windy up here in the hills today. There is a wonderful breeze coming through the house. I am actually chilled; I think I may have gotten too much sun.

I started on our summer list. I would love to go to a farmer's market tomorrow! I know that the babies will enjoy it, too. But I'm afraid I'm going to have to go to the grocery store first, for dinner tonight. ;)
Happy Friday!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment