Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Priscilla at Skidmore

On Sunday, we went for a walk in the Northwoods at Skidmore College.  It is a beautiful trail, shaded and quiet (when we went, at least).  Priscilla is still completely traumatized by the black lake flies. She will run out of the house to pee, and then run back inside immediately. It is so sad, and no way for a dog like her to live.  We have been trying to get out to the dog park and other places so that she can roam without fear. 

RWF found some insect repellant wipes at the vet's office.  They seem to be working okay. But psychologically, Priscilla is scarred.  We are really going to have to work with her on getting, and staying, outside in our yard!









I spy...a huge tree root.

I'm also taking the babies outside every afternoon.  I coax Priscilla outside, too.  Then I close the door so that she's 'stuck' outside with us.  The garage is open, so once Priscilla does a quick scan of the yard, she can run into the shelter of the garage and stay there if she chooses (which, she always chooses to do so!).

I spy...a Treeing Walker Coonhound behind this baby.




I spy...the last eye tooth coming in (on the upper right).



I spy...my happy little guy.



See ya

Hopefully Priscilla will be back to wandering the yard freely very soon.  We miss her company when we are outside!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment