Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Homecoming

The other night, I was putting the babies to bed.  We were actually about to walk upstairs to their  bedrooms when the garage door opened.  That means one thing to the babies: Daddy's home!  The hall was filled with the sounds of a thundering herd as the children ran into their daddy's arms.

Lifting approximately 77 lbs of happiness and love.


All blurry iPhone photos, but I couldn't resist capturing this moment!

Of course bedtime was delayed so that the children could spend some time playing with their daddy.


This morning, Bode insisted on wearing one of his daddy's hats to camp.


Bode is enjoying camp. I am still emotional about leaving him. I just worry that the camp instructors will ignore him (not intentionally of course).  He's just quiet and doesn't make a lot of noise when he needs something. He's just "good" and that makes him easy to overlook. Bode says that he likes camp though. I guess as long as he seems happy then all is well.

Gianna and I went to the bookstore today. Gianna ate a muffin while I drank a mocha.  Then we picked out some girl-specific potty training books.  I went with the classic books, while Gianna was more enamored with the licensed character crap books.  We compromised, and bought one of each. She has started potty training all by herself.  At first, I thought it was just random announcements. But she has become more consistent.  SHHHH!!!!  I didn't say that. I didn't say anything about potty training. Quick, look! Pretty baby in bookstore photos:





I am so ready to burn these Crocs.  I am so sick of them!  But if I burned them, they would only melt into a big gloopy pink pile on the floor. And then I'd have to answer to my husband about the mess. So I'll just be thankful that Gianna can put these shoes on by herself, which saves me some time when we have to go somewhere.

Happy Wednesday!
xo




No comments:

Post a Comment