Thursday, July 12, 2012

F is for...

I picked Bode up from camp today and he looked like this:


I asked him what the star sticker on his forehead was for, and he just mumbled something unintelligible. He was, by the way, the only child exiting the building with a sticker on his forehead.  I had to suppress a giggle. It just reminded me of that old, juvenile card game called, "Aggie Poker."


The rad bumblebee on his hand, however, brought out other emotions.  After seeing Bode's bumblebee, Miss Mia wanted one, too.  "Bumbee? Bumbee?" Gianna asked, all the way home. I tried explaining, all the way home, that I could not draw a bumblebee on her hand.  This brought up more frustration, anger and tears for Mia Gianna.  When we got home, I grabbed the only face-painting tools I could think of:  a red lipstick and a black eye liner.  I drew a lady bug on Gianna's hand.  This, of course, was not good enough.  "TAKE OFF. TAKE OFF, MOMMY!" she shouted.  

Just put a big F on my forehead for "Failure."

Here is another F word:  Friday! 

I am looking forward to tomorrow.  I have no big plans. It's just nice to know that we've made it through another week, and we have a family day ahead for us soon.
Happy Thursday.
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment