Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hello my name is



So.  When your stomach gets soooo big from pregnancy, it kind of has a mind of its own and it definitely takes on a space of its own. I am so clumsy and awkward right now. I'm constantly bumping into my children, Priscilla, doorways, etc. The other night, RWF was watching TV.  I walked by his chair and I bumped into his elbow.  When I felt  his elbow jab me in the stomach, I glared at him like he had done it on purpose. He looked at me and said, "It was you! Not me!"  True, true.

This afternoon, unbeknownst to me, I was walking around with a name tag slapped across my belly.    When I finally noticed it, I wondered, "How did that get there?"  And then I remembered when I was putting Bode down for a nap, he was talking to my stomach, to "Nichoras,"  saying stuff like, "Okay, okay, you can have that name. You like that name? B-O-D-E! Bode. But your name is not Bode. But you can have that name." Etc.  I wasn't really paying attention then. But I do remember Bode saying stuff like that.

I was desperate to put Bode down for a nap so that I could nap.  So I was listening, but not really, you know, paying attention. (Mother of the Year! Nominate me now!) 

Also, in terms of the name of the baby, and naming him "Nichoras," I'm trying to be quiet. I don't want to give too much weight to "Nichoras" but I also don't want to dash Bode's hopes for the name, confuse Bode, etc. So when he starts talking to "Nichoras," I just  let him go.

The name tag was from Bode's camp this morning. I guess Bode put it on me.  Maybe "Nichoras" asked for the name tag. I'm not sure.  When I asked Bode about it later, and started to remove the name tag from my shirt, he said, "No, no! I want it to stay there."  So I left it there until Bode went to bed tonight.

I did ask Bode to snap some photos. You know, to memorialize this event. 







This weekend, Bode was also writing letters to "Nichoras."  He was very serious about this letter-writing.  He wrote one on Saturday and another one on Sunday. When we asked him what he had written, he wouldn't tell us.  But he did want us to know that he was writing the letters  to "Nichoras."
He is such a sweet boy, this boy whose name is really Bode.  I love him so!
xo


2 comments:

  1. oh. please wrap him up, very comfortably and carefully to share with all of us! We all need a bit more of Bode-isms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh. please wrap him up, very comfortably and carefully to share with all of us! We all need a bit more of Bode-isms.

    ReplyDelete